Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Dog Trainer in Ventura Hits Blogosphere!

I never thought my mom would be a blogger, but all my dog friends and dog owners kept saying that my mom needed to take her love of dog training and put her tips and advice out to the world wide web to help more dog owners and pups!

My name is Poncho (I have my own dog blog and actually started blogging way before my mom!)

My mom's name is Joan, she is a dog lover and works in a profession that we both love (as a trainer and dog behavior instructor in Ventura, Ca) I go to work with her every day.

She created this blog to share her passion about dog training to extend my dog training work in Ventura to the blogosphere!

My mom is a graduate of the San Francisco SPCA Academy for Dog Trainers where she studied pet dog training, behavior problems, client coaching and teaching. Her experience also includes training shelter dogs at the San Francisco SPCA where she specialized in dogs with behavior problems.

In addition to my mom being a great dog treat giver-outter, she is a Certified Pet Dog Trainer (CPDT) through the Certification Council for Pet Dog Trainers (CCPDT), a member of the Association of Pet Dog Trainers (APDT), and an affiliate member of the International Association of Animal Behavior Consultants (IAABC).

She attends conferences all over the place (when I do not get to go I sort of get upset, but then I get to hang out with dad and have lots of male-bonding fun) just to stay current on the latest in animal learning theory and behavior, to incorporate cutting-edge science into her work with owners and their canine companions.

As Joan's dog, I can vouch that her approach comes from personal passion and love of animals (me!!)– it is all about positive reinforcement and owner-education in reward-based training sessions.

So far, all the work my mom does with me makes me super, so keep reading my mom's dog training blog! :)

-Poncho http://ponchosprose.blogspot.com/

No comments: