Sunday, May 11, 2008

In honor of my mom.

Dear Mom,

Just wanted to wish you a Happy Mothers Day, and tell you how much I love you. I can't believe it's been fourteen years since our last "mom's day" together. It feels like yesterday.

You would be proud of me. All of the love, care, and compassion you and dad always showed towards animals really rubbed off on me. I'm a dog trainer and behavior counselor now. You would love my studio here in Ventura. I share my passion for the love of dogs and their families in my classes, workshops, and private clients. I really love my job mom. You always taught me to follow my heart, follow my passions, and do what made me happy. Well, I've done just that. And I have you to thank for it. For allowing me to believe in myself, and follow my dreams. My only wish is that you were here to see it. 

If it weren't for you, I wouldn't be where I am today. I think of you every day, and miss you terribly. You will always be with me, in my thoughts, and in my heart. 

I love you,
Joan

No comments: