Tuesday, March 3, 2009

It's all in how you look at it: training versus a chore

Here's a question (or two) for all of you dog folks out there:

Do you exercise with your dog? Do you look at walking your dog as a chore? or something fun to do together...? A nice break in the day if you will...

I realized that just like me and my running, setting a goal is a great way to stay motivated. I looked around for a dog-friendly race so Poncho and I could go together, and lucky for us we found a few... Thank you Santa Barbara Athletic Association! So now I'm not only taking Poncho for walkies, but we're actually in training! At least that's how I'm looking at it... 

I wonder if that "Mom's in Motion" group will start a sub-group called "Dog Moms in Motion"? I've asked... and have been ignored... bummer... I bet they'd get a lot more people signing up!

What are your goals with your pets when it comes to "exercise"?

No comments: